Epsilon Associates, a strategic environmental permitting, consulting and engineering firm based in Maynard, Massachusetts, is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Staff-Level Engineer or Scientist to join our air quality group. This position reports directly to the Air Quality manager.
As a Staff Engineer/Scientist, the successful candidate will support several project managers working on diverse projects. Projects may include new and existing power plants and industrial facilities, new onshore and offshore wind facilities, and commercial real estate developments. Tasks will include: technical report drafting and revisions (e.g. air permit applications, MEPA & EFSB filings including GHG and EJ); calculations (e.g. air emissions, GHG energy use); data processing (e.g. noise, meteorological, and demographic data sets); preparation of standard reports and forms (e.g. permit-by-rule applications, emission statements, TRI/RPPR reporting); compliance support (e.g. auditing and updating oil & chemical spill plans); and occasional field work including overnight travel (e.g. site inspections, noise monitoring). Depending on the qualifications of the candidate, the tasks may include air quality dispersion modeling using EPA’s AERMOD model. The Staff Engineer/Scientist will be expected to grow into client interaction, task management, project management, and business development roles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 0-3 years of experience in a consulting environment;
- B.S. in Engineering, Physics, or a relevant Physical Science;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (technical writing minor or relevant coursework preferred);
- Skill with Word/Excel, and ability to learn other computer programs as needed;
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, time management, and ability to manage competing tasks and deadlines; and
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Prior experience is beneficial in the following areas: combustion and solvent use emissions calculations; atmospheric dispersion modeling; GHG analysis; air application preparation; regulatory applicability review; and MEPA/NEPA. Experience consulting for the energy industry, wind industry, materials handling business, and commercial real estate business is a plus. An understanding of Federal and various states' air quality regulations and policies, with an awareness of how these will affect customers, is also beneficial.
- In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.
WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Epsilon maintains a professional office located in a historic mill in Maynard, MA. Office space is recently renovated, clean, quiet, and friendly. A well-qualified Candidate with strong communication skills may alternatively work at Epsilon’s new Albany office, with the expectation of attending in-person meetings in Maynard a few times a month.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that support and encourages creativity, professional growth and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Please visit our career center:
Epsilon's Career Center
No phone calls please.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.