Epsilon is one of the best known and most respected environmental consulting firms in the northeast United States. Epsilon’s client base includes major energy, commercial real estate, aviation, institutional and residential developers, as well as local and state public agencies. As a well-established, mid-sized firm, we are large enough to support our team members professionally and personally, and small enough to keep our focus on project successes and client satisfaction. Epsilon is privately held by its Principals, who are experts in their fields and work side-by-side with staff of all levels on complex, high-profile and interesting projects. A recipient of a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Award for Business Excellence, Epsilon has also been recognized twice as one of the Boston Business Journal’s Fifty Best Places to Work.
For additional information on the firm, please visit www.epsilonassociates.com.
We are looking for a poised self-starter to assist the Senior Finance Administrator. In this position you will support the day-to-day tasks in the financial department. These duties may include, but are not limited to, data entry into Epsilon’s Deltek AJERA financial software system and related Excel spreadsheets, updating financial records, processing invoices, assist with preparation of financial reports, assist with the tracking of accounts payable and accounts receivable, and filing financial documents. The ideal candidate should also have experience with confidential information and its associated discretion.
More specifically, working closely with the Senior Finance Administrator, the candidate will be responsible for assisting with:
- Invoicing: creating monthly reports of hours worked on each job, tracking expenses associated with each job, and then creating invoices. Ensuring that each invoice is accurate, and that it is sent out in a timely manner with any supporting attachments that are provided by the project manager and in accordance with client requirements.
- Entering Invoices: Entering bills from vendors as they are received, by account code. When bills are paid, attach checks to each bill for signature by the managing principal(s), then mail out. Entering expense reports at the end of each month.
- Backlog Report: Entering monthly project invoice amounts and contract amounts in a stand-alone Excel spreadsheet.
- Collections: In consultation with the Senior Finance Administrator and project managers, reviewing outstanding invoices, and send out past due notices. Coordinate with client’s A/P staff for problem solving. Coordinate online payment applications. Receive checks and apply to proper client account.
- Time Reporting: Prepare and issue weekly time reports to project managers.
- Project Manager Support: Provide budget tracking spreadsheets and other project management support to project managers as requested.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and strong organizational skills.
- Associate or Bachelors’ degree in finance, economics, math, accounting, business, or similar quantitative subject.
- Must be proficient in Excel; knowledge of Deltek Ajera software is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
- 2 or more years of similar work experience independently performing day-to-day bookkeeping/finance functions as well as higher level analysis, where decision making skills were evident.
- Must exhibit strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills and a proactive approach. High level of customer service in responding to internal and external client and project staff needs. Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks. Must be highly organized.
In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
The Candidate must:
- work on a computer for extended periods of time;
- be able to carry 25-50 pounds;
- stand up for extended periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Epsilon maintains a professional office located in an historic mill in Maynard, MA. Office space is recently renovated, clean, quiet, and friendly.
Our team members enjoy regular opportunities for professional growth, a relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive base salary, a 401k plan with a generous company match, profit sharing, an annual performance bonus program, and a full benefits package.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that support and encourages creativity, professional growth and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Please visit our career center:
or Email to:
No phone calls please.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.