Epsilon is one of the best known and most respected environmental consulting firms in the northeast United States. Epsilon’s client base includes major energy, commercial real estate, aviation, institutional and residential developers, as well as local and state public agencies. As a well-established, mid-sized firm, we are large enough to support our team members professionally and personally, and small enough to keep our focus on project successes and client satisfaction. Epsilon is privately held by its Principals, who are experts in their fields and work side-by-side with staff of all levels on complex, high-profile and interesting projects. A recipient of a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Award for Business Excellence, Epsilon has also been recognized twice as one of the Boston Business Journal’s Fifty Best Places to Work.
For additional information on the firm, please visit www.epsilonassociates.com.
As a Senior Consultant, the successful candidate will win and execute diverse projects, establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with key clients. Projects may include new and existing power plants and industrial facilities, new onshore and offshore wind facilities, and commercial real estate developments. The Senior Consultant will manage the Project team, working directly with Principals of the firm and integrating into our highly qualified team. Supervision of projects will include air permit applications; MEPA & EFSB filings (including GHG and EJ); air pollution and odor control assessments; pollution control problem-solving working directly with engineering firms; compliance support working directly with law firms; compliance audits; public presentations and expert testimony; and agency negotiations at all levels of government. Epsilon’s client base is primarily in the northeast U.S., and occasional overnight travel is expected. The Senior Consultant will be expected to manage client interaction, task management, project management, and business development roles, with support from Principals where appropriate.
Epsilon uses the seller-doer model for winning and completing work. Epsilon uses a collaborative, team-building approach and does not assign commissions based on bookings. Working with and supported by the Epsilon team, the Senior Consultant will identify, win, and book projects worth at least $200,000 per annum.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of experience in a consulting environment;
- B.S. in Engineering, Physics, or a relevant Physical Science;
- Professional Engineer or equivalent qualification;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Skill with Word/Excel, and ability to learn other computer programs as needed;
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, time management, and ability to manage competing tasks and deadlines; and
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Prior experience is beneficial in the following areas: combustion and solvent use emissions calculations; GHG analysis; air application preparation; regulatory applicability review; and MEPA/NEPA. Experience consulting for the energy industry, wind industry, materials handling business, and commercial real estate business is a plus. An understanding of Federal and various states' air quality regulations and policies, with an awareness of how these will affect customers, is also beneficial.
- In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration, and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
The Candidate must:
- work on a computer for extended periods of time;
- be able to travel via plane or car, for an extended period of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Epsilon’s maintains a professional office located in a historic mill in Maynard, MA. Office space is recently renovated, clean, quiet, and friendly. At this time, due to COVID, the office is open on a limited basis. Company employees are currently working remotely, which is well supported by company technology and infrastructure.
Our team members enjoy regular opportunities for professional growth, a relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive base salary, a 401k plan with a generous company match, profit sharing, an annual performance bonus program, and a full benefits package.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that supports and encourages creativity, professional growth, and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion, and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Please send your letter of interest and resume to:
Ms. Karen Roth
Epsilon Associates, Inc.
3 Mill & Main Place, Suite 250
Maynard, MA 01754
(or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
No phone calls, please.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.