Epsilon Associates is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) senior level scientist to support our air quality dispersion modeling practice. This position reports directly to the Air Quality manager. The successful candidate will work on various environmental consulting tasks, including:
- Regulatory permitting dispersion modeling, using AERMOD, CALPUFF, and other models as appropriate, to support permitting of new and modified power plant and industrial projects;
- Specialty atmospheric modeling, including accidental release, fogging and icing, air intake re-entrainment, transportation source, and deposition modeling; and
- Working with Epsilon’s team to provide seamless air quality regulatory permitting and compliance consulting.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will have 1) 5+ years of experience with air quality regulatory modeling; 2) an advanced degree in meteorology, atmospheric sciences, or a related field, 3) expert testimony experience; 4) superior written and oral communication skills; 5) proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary project team, and 6) ability to mentor junior staff.
In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration, and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
The Candidate must:
- work on a computer for extended periods of time;
- be able to carry 25-50 pounds; and
- stand up for extended periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Epsilon maintains a professional office located in a historic mill in Maynard, MA. Office space is recently renovated, clean, quiet, and friendly.
Our team members enjoy regular opportunities for professional growth, a relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive base salary, a 401k plan with a generous company match, profit sharing, an annual performance bonus program, and a full benefits package.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that supports and encourages creativity, professional growth, and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Please visit our career center:
Epsilon Career Center
Or Email to:
No phone calls please.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.