Epsilon is one of the best known and most respected environmental consulting firms in the northeast United States. Epsilon’s client base includes major energy, commercial real estate, aviation, institutional and residential developers, as well as local and state public agencies. As a well-established, mid-sized firm, we are large enough to support our team members professionally and personally, and small enough to keep our focus on project successes and client satisfaction. Epsilon is privately held by its Principals, who are experts in their fields and work side-by-side with staff of all levels on complex, high-profile and interesting projects. A recipient of a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Award for Business Excellence, Epsilon has also been recognized twice as one of the Boston Business Journal’s Fifty Best Places to Work.
For additional information on the firm, please visit www.epsilonassociates.com.
Epsilon is seeking a full-time Senior Scientist to support our growing coastal sciences practice. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of the northeast energy market including demonstrated environmental permitting, task management and general environmental consulting experience in the offshore wind, electric transmission and renewable energy sectors. This is a career opportunity to join Epsilon’s experienced technical and project management team to support our continued growth and focus on the offshore wind market, including participating in studies, field surveys and permitting in support of Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) Site Assessment Plan(s) (SAP) and Construction and Operations Plan (COP) filings. The position demands a proven ability to manage tasks, understand and apply environmental regulations, adhere to schedules and budgets and communicate clearly and effectively to the public and client. The Senior Scientist must demonstrate excellent writing skills and have experience presenting to regulatory agencies and stakeholder groups in public settings.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental/marine science, biology, engineering, planning, or a related physical sciences discipline; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10 to 15+ years of relevant professional experience in the energy market, with a focus on providing environmental permitting and consulting services to energy clients in the Northeast or Mid Atlantic United States.
- Strong understanding of the routing, siting, licensing and permitting processes as it pertains to offshore wind or other energy facilities and related transmission line interconnection work.
- Strong technical and regulatory policy background consistent with understanding the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process, BOEM SAP and COP submittals, and state regulatory policies.
- Strong written, public speaking and collaboration skills.
- Willingness to travel, prepare for and participate in public hearings and conduct field work / studies.
In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
The Candidate must:
- be able to work safely outside in variable weather conditions for an extended period of time, as necessary; and
- work on a computer for extended periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Epsilon maintains a professional office located in a historic mill in Maynard, MA. Office space is recently renovated, clean, quiet, and friendly. At this time, due to COVID, the office is open on a limited basis. Company employees are currently working remotely, which is well supported by company technology and infrastructure.
Our team members enjoy regular opportunities for professional growth, a relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive base salary, a 401k plan with a generous company match, profit sharing, an annual performance bonus program, and a full benefits package.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that support and encourages creativity, professional growth and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Please send your letter of interest and resume to:
Ms. Karen Roth
Epsilon Associates, Inc.
3 Mill & Main Place, Suite 250
Maynard, MA 01754
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.