Epsilon is one of the best known and most respected environmental consulting firms in the northeast United States. Epsilon’s client base includes major energy, commercial real estate, aviation, institutional and residential developers, as well as local and state public agencies. As a well-established, mid-sized firm, we are large enough to support our team members professionally and personally, and small enough to keep our focus on project successes and client satisfaction. Epsilon is privately held by its Principals, who are experts in their fields and work side-by-side with staff of all levels on complex, high-profile and interesting projects. A recipient of a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Award for Business Excellence, Epsilon has also been recognized twice as one of the Boston Business Journal’s Fifty Best Places to Work.
For additional information on the firm, please visit www.epsilonassociates.com.
Epsilon is seeking one or more full-time entry to mid-level environmental / wetland scientists for our newly formed Energy Services practice. This position will support the natural resource surveys and environmental permitting on a wide range of energy projects including electric transmission / distribution, battery energy storage, solar, natural gas and both onshore and offshore wind generation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to represent the company at public meetings, workshops, and meetings with federal, state, and local agencies, as well as other stakeholders in conjunction with permit application review.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Wetland delineations (including ability to delineate independently), vernal pool surveys, rare species surveys, wildlife habitat assessments, and wetland function and values assessments;
- Assist in preparation of technical reports and federal, state and local environmental permit applications under the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act, federal Clean Water Act and other applicable regulatory programs;
- Perform project site inspections, construction oversight, and regulatory compliance evaluations on energy infrastructure construction projects.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a natural resource-related field including wetland science, biology, ecology, wildlife management, soil science or botany;
- 0-5 years of relevant professional experience in natural resource surveys and environmental permitting projects with a particular emphasis on federal and state wetlands / NEPA permitting in New England and New York.
- General environmental consulting experience in the energy market sector, including but not limited to; traditional and renewable generation facilities, electric and natural gas transmission/distribution, and energy storage projects.
- working knowledge of GIS and GPS survey;
- Superior writing and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously as part of a multidisciplinary project team;
- Registration as a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or In Training (PWIT) by the Society of Wetland Scientists, wetland scientist certification (CWS) by the State of New Hampshire, and/or certification as a Certified Wildlife Biologist (CWB) by The Wildlife Society is a plus; and
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the Northeast.
In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.
WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Epsilon maintains professional offices located in a historic mill in Maynard, MA and the Pine Bush region of Albany, NY. Both office spaces are recently renovated, clean, quiet, and friendly. Epsilon embraces a “Hybrid Work-from-Home/In-Office Policy”. We encourage employees to come to the office frequently and with regularity. We strongly believe there is real value in having employees work together and to be able to interact face to face. We believe it fosters better communication, improves teamwork, makes problem solving easier, allows for more and better mentoring opportunities, and in general promotes a sense of camaraderie that benefits all employees individually and collectively. We feel it is particularly beneficial for new employees to help them get to know their fellow employees and to become better integrated in Epsilon’s culture.
Our team members enjoy regular opportunities for professional growth, a relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive base salary, a 401k plan with a generous company match, profit sharing, an annual performance bonus program, and a full benefits package.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that supports and encourages creativity, professional growth and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Please visit our career center:
Epsilon's Career Center
No phone calls please.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.