Epsilon is one of the best known and most respected environmental consulting firms in the northeast United States. Epsilon’s client base includes major energy, commercial real estate, aviation, institutional and residential developers, as well as local and state public agencies. As a well-established, mid-sized firm, we are large enough to support our team members professionally and personally, and small enough to keep our focus on project successes and client satisfaction. Epsilon is privately held by its Principals, who are experts in their fields and work side-by-side with staff of all levels on complex, high-profile and interesting projects. A recipient of a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Award for Business Excellence, Epsilon has also been recognized twice as one of the Boston Business Journal’s Fifty Best Places to Work.
For additional information on the firm, please visit www.epsilonassociates.com.
Epsilon is seeking one or more full-time Senior Environmental / Wetland Scientists to support our growing ecological sciences practice who is experienced in wetland delineation and assessment and regulatory permitting to support our growing ecological sciences practice team on a wide variety of public and private projects.
The candidate will support multiple projects simultaneously and have the opportunity to represent the company at public meetings, workshops, and meetings with federal, state, and local agencies, as well as other stakeholders in conjunction with permit application review.
- Preparation of federal, state, and local environmental permit applications and technical reports including MA Wetlands Protection Act, Section 401/404 Permitting, Chapter 91 Waterways and MEPA/NEPA submittals
- Management of medium to large scale projects, understand and apply environmental regulations, develop schedules and budgets, mentor staff and communicate clearly and effectively to the public and client.
- Complex wetland resource area delineations and over sight of staff completing large scale delineation efforts, and other ecological field work, wetland mitigation site design, construction period erosion and sediment control inspections and reporting.
- Conduct environmental monitoring and mitigation to ensure consistent documentation and compliance with environmental requirements of permits/licenses.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental/wetland science, biology, ecology, geology, engineering, planning, or a related physical sciences discipline; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5-10+ years of relevant professional experience in environmental permitting, especially wetlands permitting, and consulting services in the Northeast.
- General environmental consulting experience in wind, solar, and traditional energy sectors.
- Ability to complete complex wetland delineations (including ability to delineate independently), function and value assessments, vernal pool surveys, wildlife habitat assessments, wetland restoration & replication planning/design, and construction oversight/inspection;
- Understanding of federal, state and local environmental statutes and regulations;
- Superior writing and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously as part of a multidisciplinary project team;
- Willingness to travel, prepare for and participate in public hearings and oversee field work / studies as necessary within the state.
In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.
WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Epsilon maintains a professional office located in a historic mill in Maynard, MA. Office space is recently renovated, clean, quiet, and friendly. Epsilon embraces a “Hybrid Work-from-Home/In-Office Policy”. We encourage employees to come to the office frequently and with regularity. We strongly believe there is real value in having employees work together and to be able to interact face to face. We believe it fosters better communication, improves teamwork, makes problem solving easier, allows for more and better mentoring opportunities, and in general promotes a sense of camaraderie that benefits all employees individually and collectively. We feel it is particularly beneficial for new employees to help them come to know their fellow employees and to become better integrated in Epsilon.
Our team members enjoy regular opportunities for professional growth, a relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive base salary, a 401k plan with a generous company match, profit sharing, an annual performance bonus program, and a full benefits package.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that supports and encourages creativity, professional growth and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Please visit our career center:
Epsilon Career Center
No phone calls please.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.