Epsilon is one of the best known and most respected environmental consulting firms in the northeast United States. Epsilon’s client base includes major energy, commercial real estate, aviation, institutional and residential developers, as well as local and state public agencies. As a well-established, mid-sized firm, we are large enough to support our team members professionally and personally, and small enough to keep our focus on project successes and client satisfaction. Epsilon is privately held by its Principals, who are experts in their fields and work side-by-side with staff of all levels on complex, high-profile and interesting projects. Epsilon has also been recognized twice as one of the Boston Business Journal’s Fifty Best Places to Work.
For additional information on the firm, please visit www.epsilonassociates.com.
Epsilon is seeking one or more part or full-time Environmental or Wetland Scientists experienced in wetland delineation and assessment and regulatory permitting to support our growing ecological sciences practice team in New York on a wide variety of public and private projects including onshore and offshore renewables, electric transmission and commercial / industrial development. The Environmental or Wetland Scientist will support multiple projects simultaneously and have the opportunity to represent the company at public meetings, workshops, and meetings with federal, state, and local agencies, as well as other stakeholders in conjunction with permit application review.
Openings exist for qualified individuals at the entry to mid-level (1-5 years).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Wetland delineations (including ability to delineate independently), vernal pool surveys, rare species surveys, wildlife habitat assessments, and function and values assessments.
- Assist in preparation of technical reports and federal and state environmental permit applications in New York and New England.
- Perform project site inspections, construction oversight, and regulatory compliance evaluations on energy transmission, transportation, and other infrastructure construction projects.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-5 years (entry to mid-level) experience working in environmental management, regulatory compliance, environmental consulting or similar professional work;
- BS degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Wetland Ecology, Wildlife Biology, or a closely related natural resource science degree.
- Understanding of federal, New York State and local environmental statutes and regulations;
- Superior writing and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously as part of a multidisciplinary project team;
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Working knowledge of GIS and GPS survey; and
- Wetlands permitting experience in New York, Massachusetts or other New England states;
- Registration as a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or In Training (PWIT) by the Society of Wetland Scientists and/or certification as a Certified Wildlife Biologist by The Wildlife Society is a plus.
Work assignments may require physically demanding fieldwork in challenging environments and weather conditions, and may require local and regional travel, including infrequent overnight travel.
In addition to the Preferred Qualifications, the Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle for business travel, including proper insurance and registration and have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
The Candidate must:
- Be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time;
- Be able to travel via car for an extended period of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE DUTIES ARE PERFORMED
Primary activities will be based in New York. Epsilon embraces a “Hybrid Work-from-Home/In-Office Policy”. We encourage employees to come to the office frequently and with regularity. We strongly believe there is real value in having employees work together and to be able to interact face to face. We believe it fosters better communication, improves teamwork, makes problem solving easier, allows for more and better mentoring opportunities, and in general promotes a sense of camaraderie that benefits all employees individually and collectively. We feel it is particularly beneficial for new employees to help them come to know their fellow employees and to become better integrated in Epsilon.
Our team members enjoy regular opportunities for professional growth, a relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive base salary, a 401k plan with a generous company match, profit sharing, an annual performance bonus program, and a full benefits package.
Epsilon is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We ensure a workplace that supports and encourages creativity, professional growth and a company culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall employee health and well-being. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Please visit our career center:
Epsilon Career Center
Or email to:
No phone calls please.
Epsilon Associates, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Applicants must have all necessary paperwork to work in the USA.